Application 4: Online Learning in K-12 Schools Podcast

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Application 4- Monitoring GAME Plan Progress

As I progress through my technology GAME plan I am learning new ideas and about new resources to use in my classroom to integrate technology. The learning resources and my colleagues have helped me find information and tools I need to gain confidence in my ability to seamlessly use technology to complement my instruction. I now understand that using technology is not the main goal. It is merely a means to an end. In other words, the content is what is most important and technology is only used to help reach all learners and increase interest and student engagement. At this point I do not see any reason to modify my action plan as it is written. I have been able to follow it closely with no need for modifications.
As I learn new technologies and ways to implement them, certain questions have arisen. What do schools with limited funds do to compensate for lack of technology? What are school districts doing to promote the importance of technology in schools? How can I help my colleagues integrate technology in their lesson plans? Hopefully, I find the answers soon.

1 comment:

  1. Jody,

    I am at a school with limited technological funding so I am always looking for ways to make integration work. Our technology is old but I can still use many web 2.0 tools (many of which are free). I have used Audacity for recording audio, Animoto for slideshows, Sketchfu for creating illustrations, and there many others that still work with our old computers. Another way my district has got around limited funding is by using IPod touches. They cost around $200 each and they can get to the Internet and there are thousands of apps for ed.

    Hope these ideas help, because I know how frustrating it can be to be learning about integrating technology and not having the resources,

    Craig

    ReplyDelete